SOCIAL MEDIA

January 31, 2019

MY 2018

Hi my loves, it's been awhile since I wrote on this platform. I decided to take a long break from writing because I wanted to fully focus on traveling, and to spend time with my family towards the end of 2018. I also spent January 2019 catching up with all my friends and it was just packed with meetings and exciting projects planned for the year. But today's post will be dedicated to 2018, the good, the bad and everything in between.


2018 started out just like 2017 for me, with clearer goals and super exciting travel plans to many beautiful bucket list destinations. Just like every year, 2018 had its ups and downs for me, I went through so many challenges and also lost some friends along the way. January started out with me making a life changing decision to go for a Lasik surgery, I was very lucky to be able to work with clearvision for this. Fast forward to a a year later, it's honestly the best decision I made for myself in 2018.  It's also no surprise that I went back to Thailand again, I just love that country so much! :)

JANUARY

THAILAND: AYUTTHAYA | BANGKOK

FEBRUARY

MALDIVES

Dan and I spent our 6th Anniversary in Maldives and it was the BEST trip of 2018 for us, everything about the trip was perfect and we can't wait to head back again! x 


MARCH

PHILIPPINES: CEBU


We headed back to Cebu for the second time because we really wanted to experience everything once again, and it was as amazing as it was back in 2016.

APRIL

ITALY: MILAN | VENICE | ROME | POSITANO

I had the opportunity to travel to Italy in collaboration with ALDO Singapore and Italy was everything I ever imagined it to be. Ever so thankful for TownHouse Duomo for the wonderful stay as well. x

Read more about my trip to Italy here 

MAY

JAPAN: TOKYO | KYOTO | OSAKA

Read more about my trip to Japan here 

JULY

THAILAND: PATTAYA | BANGKOK

Back in Thailand again, this time with my family as they were visiting from the States! We decided to go somewhere new so we headed to Pattaya, and we explored the Sanctuary of Truth.

AUGUST

August was our busiest month of 2018, we visited 3 countries with only a few days of rest in between each destination.

1. PHILIPPINES: DAVAO
Went back to Philippines for a press trip to Davao with Cebu Pacific Air and The Philippines Department of Tourism, it was such a fun trip with many other creators. Thankful for the opportunity!x

2. UZBEKISTAN: SAMARKAND | BUKHARA | KHIVA


Uzbekistan was one of the most beautiful countries we have ever visited. Ever.

Read more about my trip to Uzbekistan here 

TURKEY: CAPPADOCIA | ISTANBUL
Cappadocia has been a dream destination of mine since forever and I can't believe we made it there in 2018, still a magical memory for me. Thank you Sultan Cave Suites for the magical experience! x

SEPTEMBER

JAPAN: HIROSHIMA
We flew back to Japan once more in collaboration with SilkAir, we had the chance to visit Miyajima Island and the beautiful flowers of Serakogen Farm.

Read more about my trip to Hiroshima here 

MYANMAR: MANDALAY | BAGAN

We had another work opportunity to visit the beautiful Myanmar with Trip.com, thankful x

OCTOBER

INDONESIA: BALI

Bali is always fun to visit, definitely heading back for the islands! Thank you Munduk Moding Plantation for the beautiful stay above the mountains x

CAMBODIA: SIEM REAP
Visited Siem Reap with my bunch of good friends and we re-enacted temple run wherever we went, it was so fun road-tripping on a tuk-tuk as well! Fun times :')

NOVEMBER

ARUBA: ORANJESTED

Another dream destination ticked off my bucket list, the flamingoes were the cutest creatures and there were free-roaming iguanas as well. Will definitely write a whole post about this! x

DECEMBER

USA: SF | ORLANDO | LAKE TAHOE

I spent the later half of November and the whole of December till early January in the States with my family. I rarely get to see them and I really wanted to spend Christmas and New Year's there with them, and I'm so happy I got to! We spent New Year's Eve snowboarding and then counting down with a Disney Movie and it was perfect and enough for me. Also visited Disney World, which is basically the Queen Bee of all Disney Parks. The fireworks were the most spectacular of all the other fireworks from the Disney parks I've ever seen. I'll be heading back to the States more this 2019, absolutely stoked!

Ever so grateful for all the wonderful opportunities and experiences 2018 had for me, to all the people I've met along the way, all the hotels I got to work with, and my partners for believing in me and what I do, I couldn't have done it without all of you. From the bottom of my heart, here's a big THANK YOU! x

Now here's a video recap of my 2018 for you guys!


Love you all, x

Post a Comment