SOCIAL MEDIA

May 24, 2018

KONICHIWA JAPAN


Follow me on my adventure in Japan  🌸  


SHIBUYA, TOKYO


HARAJUKU, TOKYO

MOUNT FUJI


DISNEYLAND, TOKYO

Our first stop: Tokyo.

We went to Shibuya, Shinjuku, Harajuku and of course, Disneyland! We explored as much of the city as we could, and I have to say Harajuku would be my favorite! There was so much to look at, and I love the energy and vibe of the entire place. I spent way too much money in Shinjuku on the Gashapon machine and the claw crane machines. Trust me, it's not as easy as it looks.

We didn't get to explore Shibuya much because the weather took a drastic change and it decided to rain cats and dogs. However, we were extremely thankful for the beautiful weather when we went for the Fuji Shibazakura festival and the Tulip festival. I heard that you have to be really lucky to get such a clear view of Mount Fuji, and we were so blessed to be greeted with such a stunning view. This was a tour with Changi Recommends, the tulips are no longer in season but you can view other attractions in Japan here.

Next up, Disneyland! Tokyo Disneyland would be the 4th Disneyland that Dan and I have checked off our list. Disneyland is still my favourite place in the entire world, the magic is still there every time I visit, who's with me? We are left with Shanghai Disneyland and Walt Disney World in Orlando and our list will be complete! A big shout out to Changi Recommends for making dreams come true! Here's where you can get tickets to Tokyo Disneyland/ DisneySea.

HAKONE ISLAND

We also took a day trip out to Hakone Island from Tokyo. There are a few ways to get to Hakone, there is the popular option which is the Romance Car, but we took the speed train followed by a bus. Hakone Island has beautiful views and it is such a peaceful place to be at. You can also take the pirate cruise that takes you around the island but we didn't opt for that. 

ARASHIYAMA BAMBOO GROVE,  KYOTO


FUSHIMI INARI SHRINE, KYOTO



Our next stop was Kyoto, we were in Kyoto mainly for the Bamboo Grove and Fushimi Inari Shrine. Kyoto is very different from Tokyo, it is more cultural as compared to the city. We went to the Bamboo Grove around 4-5pm after arriving in from Tokyo, and it was surprisingly not as crowded as we thought it'll be. However, there were sooooooo many flies around, thank goodness I had a fan with me to get them away from my face. 

We left for Fushimi Inari the next morning, and I rented my kimono from a shop called Aiwafuku, it is located just across the station. It was my first time wearing a kimono and it was such an interesting experience. I paid ¥3800 for the kimono that also included hair styling and a little bag to store your valuables. Aiwafuku is probably the cheapest kimono rental in the area and you get to rent the kimono from 9am - 4pm if I remember correctly! 

Address:
612-0012 京都府京都市伏見区深草一ノ坪町35-3

 OSAKA CASTLE, OSAKA


UNIVERSAL STUDIOS, OSAKA



Third stop: Osaka!

We actually took 2 trips out from Kyoto to visit the Castle and another for Universal Studios. After we were done at Fushimi Inari Shrine, we took a train to Osaka to visit the castle. Unlike the Bamboo Grove and the Fushimi Inari Shrine, there is an admission fee for the castle. Other than the viewing deck on the highest floor, the castle is more of a history musuem to me than an actual castle itself. 

And of course we had to visit Universal Studios! I've been to Universal Studios in LA, but there isn't a Harry Potter World there. So you can imagine my excitement when Changi Recommends worked their magic to whisk me away to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Dan was really excited to try the Butter Beer, and it tasted like Caramel foam with soda (ps: it's non-alcoholic - still yummy). 

Moving around from city to city was made easy with our handy WiFi from.. yes you guessed right, Changi Recommends! If you're travelling soon, Changi Recommends is currently having a 2 days free WiFi rental promotion. Quote 'FOC2AMELYN' to enjoy! 

T&Cs
-Minimum of 4 days of rental
-2 Free days inclusive of collection day
-Promotion code valid till 30th Sep 2018
-Travel by 30th Sep 2018
-Invalid with other promotions 
-E-cash vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with this promotion

This sums up my entire trip in Japan and I can't wait to be back to explore the other parts!

ありがとうございます!

Love, 
Amelyn

3 comments :

  1. Great photos ����

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. Really love your beautiful photos!

    May I know for the rented komono in Kyoto...How long does it take to choose the kimono, be dressed up and get your hair styled?

    Also, how long did you spend at Fushimi Inari?
    I am planning a trip to Japan soon and need some advices!

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      Thank you! I took about 40 minutes in total for the kimono dressing and hair styling. And I spent about 3 hours at Fushimi Inari!

      Have a great trip!

      Delete