SOCIAL MEDIA

April 01, 2018

LOVE FROM MALDIVES


Hello my loves! Couldn't be more excited to share with you my Maldivian adventure from earlier this month! Maldives has always been a dream destination and I'm so happy that Dan and I chose to spend our 6th Anniversary there.



We went ahead with Shangri-La's Villingili Resort & Spa for this trip, and I'm so glad that we did because we had the best and most memorable time in Maldives. I'm talking about a private dolphin cruise, a private beach dinner with a sunset view and more. We were extremely well taken care of by the Shangri-La team from the moment we landed, till the moment we had to say goodbye. I'm pretty certain this trip will be the highlight of 2018, but since it's only March, let's see shall we? I can say though, that this trip topped the list of all our past trips so far. 

The dolphin cruise was the most memorable experience for me. We sailed out to the seas and kept a close lookout for the Spinner dolphins, I was only expecting 5 or 6 - but there were SO many. I was really lucky that Dan managed to capture a shot with 6 dolphins swimming by our boat. It was truly a magical experience.


We spent most of our time cycling around the island and snorkeling in the clear waters, it was so much fun spotting different fishes and sea creatures. We were beyond thrilled to have spotted black tip reef sharks and a sea turtle. (ps: sea turtles are my favorite sea creature of all time) There were so many activities that we could do on the island, we didn't have to leave the hotel premises at all. Apart from basking in the sun and cycling all afternoon, we also visited the Spa and treated ourselves to a Maldivian seashell massage. 







Everyday ended perfectly with a view of the sunset from our villa, it was the best way to unwind. What made it even better was our villa's hammock, I loved that it was above the water, we could just peek through the net and watch the fishes swim by below us. We sat there every evening, admiring the sunset glow from a crimson red till it hid behind the horizon. 




On our last evening in Maldives, we arranged a private beach dinner for ourselves. Not gonna lie, I was blown away by the dinner setting prepared by the team at Shangri-La. I enjoyed every moment of it, the food, the view and Dan by my side. I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend our 6th Year Anniversary together, this trip is one that I will keep close to my heart forever.



All outfits are from Fash Mob.

Love, 
Amelyn 

Post a Comment