SOCIAL MEDIA

May 16, 2020

HOW TO STAY PRODUCTIVE WHILE #WFH

With staying home being the new normal, weekdays start to feel like weekends and we all can't really tell the difference anymore. As Dan and I have been working from home for the past 3 years, here are some tips we find useful in staying productive!


1) DECLUTTER YOUR WORKING SPACE
Working in a cluttered environment can affect your productivity in many ways. A messy space = a messy mind. Organise your space by putting away things that you don't need! I myself have bad habits when it comes to keeping the home office desk neat, it gets cluttered within 5 days and Dan has to remind me to keep it neat. And when I clean my space, I find myself less distracted when I'm working.

2) MEDITATE
I'm still very new to meditating. As I've been feeling sluggish the past week, I decided to start meditating every morning before I begin my day. After washing up and having a glass of water to drink, I spend 10 minutes with myself to clear my head. I go into an empty room, make sure my phone is on silent mode and I practise breathing exercises with a soothing melody playing on Spotify.   Try listening to Sleep Meditation by Ocean Waves by Piano Peace. I find this 10 minutes of me time very helpful, and I have a clearer picture of my goals for the day.

3) TO-DO LIST
While working from home can be quite a nice change, sometimes the lack of structure messes up your work flow. It always helps to have a to-do list for the day, and when I say to-do list I don't mean being over ambitious, and writing 10 things to accomplish for the day. I usually have a maximum of 5 things I would task myself with for the day. And it usually looks like this:

Monday:
Emails
Edit video/blog post
Online Meetings
Home photoshoot
Run

Sometimes there are even lesser things to do on my list as some tasks require more than 5 hours to accomplish. So the number of things to do on my list are based on deadlines and the workload. 

4) EMBRACE A ROUTINE
Living a sedentary lifestyle can get very.. well still. When you set a routine going for yourself, you'll find that there will be lesser moments of you wondering what to do next. Wake up at the time you normally do, get dressed in comfortable clothes and start your day! Now that you don't have to travel to work, you can take that travel time to meditate or whip yourself up a breakfast! Remember to take breaks in between long hours! Being busy does not equal to being productive. Get up and stretch, look out of your window and take deep breaths. 

5) SNACK SMART
Ah yes, the benefits of working from home = the kitchen full of your favourite snacks. You want to stay fuelled for a productive day, so go for a healthier snack choice instead of guilty pleasure foods that causes you to have energy crashes by mid-day. 

And that's my 5 tips for you to increase your productivity while working from home. Stay safe and take care! We'll get through this together x

Love, 
Amelyn

Post a Comment