SOCIAL MEDIA

January 11, 2020

SAY GOODBYE TO ONE-TIME USE PLASTICS

It's 2020, and it's time we all do our part to help our dying planet. Here are some steps I take to reduce my plastic footprint, it's baby steps that count. Every step we take in this direction, is the right direction.




About a year and a half ago, my first step was to say no to plastic straws by getting my own reusable straws online. Slowly, I started to adapt to this new lifestyle of not using plastics at all. It really isn't as hard as you think, small steps make a huge difference when all of us do our part. 

Since I love drinking bubble tea so much, I figured why stop at just using metal straws? Why not get my own bubble tea tumbler too? And just like that, I started to get my own set of everything that I can use for my day to day life.




#SayNOtoPlasticBags

I personally feel like bringing your own bag to grocery stores or even the mall is the easiest step to reducing your plastic footprint! These reusable bags honestly don't weigh a thing, and all you have to do is just place this in your personal bag. These bags can actually carry so much and they're really durable and waterproof too. I bought my bags from Bangkok for about $4 each, you can easily find these bags online. 




Another way to reduce your plastic bag usage while traveling is to pack these canvas bags for your shoes and dirty laundry. Instead of placing your dirty laundry in numerous plastic bags, you just need one for your dirty clothing. After your travels, you just toss everything into the washing machine! Easy peasy, and your plastic bag count? 0. I also have a number of these shoe bags from ALDO and I have to say that I love how ALDO is moving towards a greener approach in fashion all while continuing to spread the importance of sustainability in their collections. 



And with that, you have various ways of breaking up with plastics in 2020! There are so many more ways to do more than what I wrote, but I sincerely hope that this post will be an easy start for you. With all the disasters happening lately, it's our Earth's way of responding that it can only take so much from us humans. I hope this post will inspire you to make the change and save our planet. 

Love, 
Amelyn 

Post a Comment