SOCIAL MEDIA

February 25, 2018

EXPLORE THAILAND PART I | TEMPLES

Hi my loves, I am back with another travel post! Today I will be sharing 5 different temples in Thailand that is worth a visit. There is still so much more of Thailand that I have not been to, and it's on my list for sure! Today's post will only feature temples, I will be talking about cafes in another post so stay tuned for it too!


Wat Arun, Bangkok







I've visited Wat Arun the most ever since I was little (hence the 2 different set of photos), and I think I will still be in awe of this temple even if I return again. Wat Arun is also known as the Temple of the Dawn, but I've not had the chance to catch the sunrise yet. Note to self: Set 20 alarms to make it there in time for the sunrise! The entrance fee to Wat Arun is 100 Baht.

Grand Palace, Bangkok



 Apart from Wat Arun, The Grand Palace is another one of my favorite places to visit. The architecture is stunning and it is really grand. The palace closes at 3.30pm so it's best to go a little earlier, the entrance fee is priced at 500 Baht for tourists. Remember to bring a shawl or wear a maxi dress when visiting the palace as they are quite strict with the dress code. Even for guys, do wear long pants if you plan to visit the palace that day (or you could go across the palace and get yourself a pair of pants for about 150 Baht).

Wat Chaiwatthanaram, Ayutthaya

 About an hour drive away from Bangkok is another beautiful city to visit in Thailand. My Thai friends brought me to Wat Chaiwatthanaram in Ayutthaya. Unlike the Grand Palace, this temple has very little tourists and it was mostly empty when I visited. I loved how peaceful it is and the grounds are pretty spacious for you to roam about. The entrance fee is 50 Baht for tourists.

Wat Ban Den, Chiang Mai


In North Thailand lies a mountainous city, Chiang Mai. We visited Chiang Mai for the Loy Krathong festival (lantern festival) last November. We celebrated this magical event in Wat Ban Den. This temple has quite a number of impressive structures and buildings on the compound. The view from Wat Ban Den is incredible, it is completely surrounded by greenery. I am not sure of the entrance fee for the temple alone, as I paid a package fee that was for the lantern festival event.

Wat Rong Khun, Chiang Rai


Chiang Rai is another city that is about a 3 hours drive from Chiang Mai. I visited Chiang Rai specially for Wat Rong Khun, also known as The White Temple. This temple is absolutely stunning, I was blown away by the intricacy of the building. Even though it is a lot smaller than the other temples, I can promise you that it is absolutely worth the visit! I paid 60 Baht for the entrance fee to Wat Rong Khun.

And with that, I hope this gives you inspiration to visit these temples if you're ever in Thailand. There is so much more for me to explore and when I do, I will be back with another list of temples to visit in the beautiful Thailand! 

Love, 
Amelyn

1 comment :