SOCIAL MEDIA

July 23, 2014

HAIR, FACE & BODY


HAIR

One of the many things that I really care about is my hair. For those of you who don't know, I've never colored my hair before and I don't plan to. I've had very fine hair since I was little, so my hairstylist advised that I shouldn't wash it everyday. I used to wash my hair every single day, sometimes even up to twice a day. Little did I know that over washing my hair will only strip the essential oils from it. 




So what do I use?

1) LUSH No Drought Dry Shampoo 
This is the new go-to. I love this product so much as it not only sops up the oil but it actually does give my hair a slight volume. Not the Amy Winehouse hair of any kind but the volume that gives your hair a subtle hold. Plus the fruit scent leaves my hair feeling fresh all day, what's not to love?

2) VICTORIA'S SECRET Smooth & Glossy Shine Serum
Another one of my favourites! I've been using this for almost 4 years now and I would recommend this. This serum is so light and it gives your hair a smooth shine instead of a greasy look. I use this product only on my hair ends as sometimes it tends to frizz up a little. This works like m a g i c. 

3) BUMBLE AND BUMBLE Surf Spray
 When I get bored of my hair, I'll spritz this product all over the bottom half of my hair and then braid it. Just one of my secrets if I don't want to use a curling iron! Here's the result after the curls set in. You're welcome (wink).



FACE

I prefer putting on as little make up as possible. I hate the idea of having layers of makeup on my face, but for my lips... I have a little crazy obsession. My daily skincare routine consists of cleansing, toning, moisturizing, of course never forgetting the sunblock and lastly makeup. My makeup steps are really simple, it takes about less then 7 minutes. I don't use any foundation or BB cream at all, so that's one step less. On most days, I start off with concealing my horrendous dark circles, filling in the baldy spots of my brows, curling my lashes, applying mascara, lipstick and I'm ready to go. When I'm not so much of a lazy bum, I apply a little eyeliner, eyeshadow and blusher!

1) NARS Custard Concealer
Honestly I only bought this because the lady at Sephora recommended this. My usual concealer is from The Body Shop but I can say goodbye to it now. This concealer not only conceals my panda eyes but it actually brightens them too which is perfect. I know I should really be improving on my sleep cycles instead of relying too much on concealers...

2) KATE Mascara Base 
A friend told me about this Japanese product and I decided to give it a try. I ended up really liking it as this mascara base has fibres that lengthens your lashes and also gives them a much fuller look. 

3) LANCÔME High Definition Mascara
One of my pet peeves: clumpy lashes. This mascara is one of the very few that doesn't leave my lashes looking clumpy, it's pretty pricey but worth it! I prefer my lashes looking natural and this mascara does the trick as it does not give added volume to them.

4) VICTORIA'S SECRET Luminous Angel Deluxe Palette
I'm not sure if it is still possible to get this in stores as VS will be discontinuing their makeup range, but you can easily get good palettes from Urban Decay or Bobbi Brown. I use this for my eyes on occasions and for days where I look like I just rolled out of bed.

5) E.L.F Eyeliner
I have to say this eyeliner has one of the cheapest price with a great quality. $3 and it comes with a brush! It has a creamy consistency that makes it very easy to apply on. I did get another brush also by e.l.f for this eyeliner only because it was a $1 but I ended up using it so much. 

6) BENEFIT Sugar Bomb Blusher
I've been using this for 3 years and I don't think I will change to another. If I do, it'll be back to the one from Too Faced. This is one of the most natural looking blushers I've used and I love how it gives a soft glow on my cheeks. I wouldn't recommend this product for those who are looking for blushers that shows well. #teamsubtle

7) EOS Lip Balms
I received my first EOS lip balm from my sister in the Summer Fruit flavour, and I knew I had to get all the other flavors. Most of the lip balms are 95% organic and it fully moisturizes and softens my lips. Not to mention they make great gifts too. 

8) Lipsticks by L'Oreal, REVLON & LIMECRIME
My 3 top picks for the lipsticks that I have with me all the time. I always apply lip balm before my lipsticks, a tip I learned from my mom. I do mix up to 3 colours on my lips at times but I'll leave that for you to experiment! 



BODY

As you can see I'm a moisture freak, I've had very bad dry skin at a very young age and body lotions became my best companion ever since then. I moisturize my hands and legs before I head out and also before bed. It may seem like a chore but your skin will thank you for it in time to come.



1) VASELINE Intensive Repair Moisture Lotion
As I have really dry skin (especially on my legs), this works really well for me. I like Vaseline as it leaves my skin moisturised for long hours.

2) BATH & BODY WORKS Body Lotion
I am obsessed with B&BW products, especially these lotions. They come in a wide selection so my recommendation would be Sweet Pea, Endless Weekend, Moonlight Path & Country Chic. I usually apply them after the Vaseline as the Vaseline is scent free. I actually do fall asleep to the scents of these lotions but I'm not surprised because they smell soooooo good. 

3) BATH & BODY WORKS Heel of Approval
This product is definitely a keeper, it absorbs so well into the cracks of the heel. I saw a difference just after one use, yes it's that miraculous. Just get this product, enough said.


Hope you guys found this post helpful, have a great week ahead!


xx

 INSTAGRAM ASK LOOKBOOK